Mollusca. Lamellibranchiata. Taxodonta, Anisomyaria
1) Pecten. Sensory organs along its mantle edges.
2) Transverse section: two shell valves connected by the ligament hinge, anterior adductor muscle which is smaller than the posterior one.
3) Lateral view of Mytilus. Branchial lamellae, adductor unequal muscles, foot and byssal gland with its filaments are well visible.
4) Shell hinge with numerous equal teeth (taxodont).
5, 6) Heterodont hinge.
image/jpeg (909.31 kB)
• Zoologia, Molluschi, Tavola didattica
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License.