‘For.Ma. - The Forgotten Manuscripts’ è un progetto di ricerca avviato dal Dipartimento di Diritto Privato e Critica del Diritto dell’Università degli Studi di Padova grazie al sostegno economico della Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Padova e Rovigo, che l’ha premiato tra i ‘Progetti di Eccellenza 2017’. Il progetto intende studiare e valorizzare due preziosi e quasi dimenticati manoscritti del XII secolo conservati presso la Biblioteca Universitaria di Padova, che contengono alcune parti del Corpus Iuris Civilis di Giustiniano, corrispondenti al cd. Digestum vetus (ms. 941) e ai primi nove libri del Codex (ms. 688).
Le opere degli studiosi che in Padova dal XIII agli inizi del XVII secolo hanno illuminato il cammino della Scuola Medica, dapprima (secoli XIII-XV) creando l’ambiente innovativo in cui Vesalio riesce a dare vita al nuovo paradigma della Medicina, e in seguito (nel XVI e XVII secolo) mantenendo, con le loro attività, l’eccellenza della Scuola di Anatomia tra le Scuole Mediche di tutta Europa.
On the occasion of the anniversary of the First World War, the Library of Geosciences recalls Antonio De Toni, first student and then professor of geology at the University of Padua, who fell a few days after the beginning of the conflict. The library holds his publications, his geological maps, some commemorative writings and an archive box with field notebooks, photos, notes and fossil sketches. The Museum of Geology and Paleontology holds the paleontological samples he had collected and studied.
The personal library of an erudite scholar of the eighteenth century, professor of the Paduan Athenaeum and Prefect of the Botanical Garden. His books tell of different interests: naturalistic passion, medical education, solid classical preparation, curiosity for the contemporary, interest in travels through books on exotic plants and distant countries.
Totus Livius è un progetto scientifico promosso e realizzato dal Centro Interdipartimentale di Ricerca Studi Liviani dell’Università di Padova che mira alla creazione di una biblioteca digitale contenente la tradizione manoscritta degli Ab urbe condita libri dello storico romano Tito Livio (Padova, 59 a.C. – 17 d.C.).
The collection presents the digitization of the complete bibliography by the economist Alfonso de Pietri-Tonelli (1883-1952). The digitized books are the original volumes belonged to the scholar and now preserved in Archivio Alfonso de Pietri-Tonelli inside Economics Library since 2009. The Alfonso de Pietri-Tonelli Archive is made up of all material published by and on him between 1905 and 1952.
The red cover publications edited by Ca' Foscari CPO (Equal Opportunity Committee) deal with crucial and current themes on women, gender discrimination in politics, work and career field, support for the victims of violence and abuse.
The collection includes 109 wall posters of the Italian Social Republic (RSI) acquired in 1965 by Veneto Institute for the History of the Resistance and Contemporary Age (IVSREC), now University Centre for the History of the Italian Resistance and the Contemporary Age (CASREC).
The collection presents a project of the Arts and Humanities Department focused on 9 parchments, which are the nucleus of the so-called “Le Carte del Concilio di Firenze“, and concern the outcome of the theological debate between the West and the East which took place in Florence since 1439.
This itinerary aims to promote people’s awareness of the Mantova Benavides collection, the historic core of the present-day Museum of Archaeological Sciences and Art at the University of Padova.
On May 27th, 1942 the Astrophysical Observatory in the Asiago plateau was inaugurated. Its Galileo telescope was the biggest one in Italy.
The collection contains many photographs which tell the Observatory’s genesis: there are the early plans and models, the photographs of the building yard and of the manufacture of the telescope by Officine Galileo, and the photographs of the finished Observatory.
It furthermore contains photographs of the first astronomers to work there, as well as the instruments equipping the telescope, like the custom made spectrograph.
The collection Francigena consists of articles published in the homonymous magazine about Franco-Italian and the French writings in the Middle Ages in Italy.
Theatrum Orbis Terrarum is the title of what is considered the first modern atlas, published in Antwerp in 1570. The project named after this book retraces first of all the evolution of the atlas model, throughout a selection of the historic collections preserved at the Geography Library of the University of Padua. Furthermore a specific concern is dedicated to the Venetian area: the city of Padua and its district, Venice and the Adriatic Sea.
A collection of descriptions, guides and reports that offers a portrait of the Botanical Garden through the centuries. From the earliest technical drawing of the layout and list of the plants cultivated in the Garden (1590), to reports on its work during the Great War, this virtual itinerary features a range of sources, including historical guides to the city, the university and the Botanical Garden itself, plus illustrative prints and vintage photographs.
The herbarium of Giovanni Marsili, prefect of the Botanical Garden in Padua from 1760 to 1794.
545 plant species gathered together and described using polynomial nomenclature in addition to their Linnaean names.
The archive consists of personal documents relating to Gino Luzzatto (1878–1964), professor in Ca’ Foscari before and after the Second World War and pioneer of Economic History in Italy. These digital collections present a selection of papers extracted from the archive donated to Istituto di Storia Economica in 1965.
The Law School of the University of Padova presents a selection of works from the Law Library, bringing important texts on subjects of law, history and philosophy of law to a wider public.
The Biblioteca Elettronica di Linguistica e Filologia (“Electronic Library of Linguistics and Philology”) presents complete digitised copies of a selection of antique and modern publications on questions of language and linguistics, Italian dialects in particular. The original volumes are held in the Maldura Library and the Legnaro Archive (NAL, or Nuovo Archivio di Legnaro). Some of these works were part of a bequest from Prof. Giovan Battista Pellegrini (1921–2007).
A collection of models of components and whole bridges that belongs to the Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering (ICEA). Intended as teaching aids, they were made at the end of the nineteenth century for the “Cabinet of Bridges” at Padua’s “Royal School of Application for Engineers”, which was directed at that time by Pio Chicchi. They speak of a period of technological development and enthusiasm for construction that led to the erection of some of the great European bridges in the second half of the 19th century.
A miscellanea of 30 loose parchments from the archive of the Abbey of Santa Maria delle Carceri, near Este, that came under the auspices of the Chair in Palaeography at the University of Padova’s Institute of Palaeography in the early 1900s. Now in the hands of the Department of Historical and Geographic Sciences and the Ancient World, they are an invaluable source for students of both local history and medieval toponymy, but also offer an intriguing take on the controversy over rights to the tithes of the ancient territory of Scodosia – the south-west section of the Province of Padua – during the period 1199 to 1236.
The Labò Collection comprises a nucleus of precious volumes from the personal library of architect and architectural historian Mario Labò.
The purpose of this collection is to introduce different trends in teaching and research such as innovative teaching approaches and the experimental use of technologies in the spreading of knowledge.
Walking through three museums of the University of Padua to discover the collections of Antonio Vallisneri and Giovanni Poleni.
Images of the people and places of the Università Iuav di Venezia and episodes from its history. The IUAV image archive is a digitised collection of photographs from offices around the eponymous university and the holdings of the Archivio Progetti (design and architecture archive), as well as images provided by individuals in response to a request from the university’s Communication and Print Service.
A selection of published and unpublished documents – including many manuscripts – from the collection of the Psychology Library. This digitised collection provides another page in the story of Padua’s contribution to the development of psychology, with insights into the teaching and research activities of such major figures as Vittorio Benussi, Cesare Musatti and Fabio Metelli.
A digital collection of conferences, meetings, workshops and other cultural activities organized or held by Ca' Foscari Library System. These events were opportunities for scientific, social and cultural debate generated by a strong experimental and technological motivation, which is peculiar of Ca' Foscari tradition.
It includes portraits of geologists, naturalists and scientists, both Italians and foreigners. The collection, preserved at the Library of Geosciences of the University of Padova, consists of 115 photographs collected in an album offered to Giovanni Omboni with 42 handwritten dedications, plus a yet unquantified number of portraits and printed images.
An archive of images relating to the physical markers left, over the course of the centuries, by the past owners of books that are now part of a library established in 1875 using material donated by the physician Vincenzo Pinali (1802–1875). The digitised collection includes: bookplates, supralibros, stamps and handwritten notes indicating dedications, ownership, readership or purchase, and other forms of distinguishing mark.
98 teaching wallcharts of Botany, produced in the late Nineteenth- and early Twentieth-Century: "Ausländische Kulturpflanzen in farbigen Wandtafeln" by Karl Bollmann, wallcharts of plant biology published by Paravia, "Botanische Wandtafeln" by Hermann Ross e H. Morin, litographs from the series "Pflanzenpathologische Wandtafeln".
The Clandestine Press Collection at the University Centre for the History of the Italian Resistance and the Contemporary Age (CASREC) (formerly known as the Veneto Institute for the History of the Italian Resistance and the Contemporary Age - Ivsrec), is made up of 567 images, subdivided into 49 collections.
A virtual collection of rare and old books held in Ca' Foscari libraries and archives in Venice, which represents the core of the present important libraries collections that support research and teaching and which have been greatly enhanced over the years by bequests and donations of the university faculty and students.
The collection consists of 41 handwritten letters sent to Domenico Turazza and 6 letters he wrote in reply. Most of the letters concern work on the Tiber River between 1875 and 1876; they also deal with the issue of Rome’s seaport and the use of draining pumps in the reclamation works.
Collection of pictures, letters, manuscripts, abstracts, leaflets, posters, by and about Enrico Bernardi, preserved at Enrico Bernardi Museum of Machines, University of Padua.
A collection formed by scientific and working papers of Fabio Metelli (1907–1987), director of Psychology Institute of the University of Padua and key figure in the history of Italian experimental Psychology. It consists of about 6000 documents concerning especially perception and perceptual transparency.
The archive "Carte del Contemporaneo" of Ca’ Foscari Universitry, planned by Francesco Bruni and Silvana Tamiozzo Goldmann, was founded in 2006 with the aim of accommodating by donation, cataloging and promoting legacies of contemporary authors from the Veneto area. Between 2006 and 2011, the Archive, located in the Centro Universitario di Studi Veneti (CISVe), acquired the papers of Ernesto Calzavara, Pier Maria Pasinetti, Armando Pizzinato and Carlo della Corte.
The project presents the history of the University of Venice told by the official documents, photographs, records, publications, works of its academic staff. A travel through the official events and the most impressive moments of the Institution.
A collection of manuscripts, illustrated with images of plants, dating from the 15th to the 19th century.
They arrived at the library thanks to the Prefects of the Botanical Garden Giovanni Marsili and Pier Andrea Saccardo, and belonged to botanists and apothecaries. These volumes allow us to appreciate the development of botanical illustration from the most abstract or fantastic forms to the most realistic naturalism. Some are also testimony to the scientific journeys undertaken to erborise, for example, on Mount Baldo or along the shores of Venice.
The project to digitise wallcharts produced for the University of Padua’s science departments was conceived to make these documents accessible, as they not only provide a record of an era and an educational method but also often possess particular artistic merit. The first 194 wallcharts were digitised in 2013 and illustrate topics in the fields of zoology, physics, chemistry, paleontology and geology.
The collection contains 800 images of historical and ancient documents from the libraries of the University of Padua’s School of Medicine.
The Botanists Portrait Collection consists of 2,380 portraits of Italian and foreign botanists dating from the second half of the seventeenth century through to the first half of the twentieth. The collection is made up of photographs (salt prints, albumen prints, aristotypes, platinotypes and gelatin prints), glass negatives, engravings, watercolours, drawings, paintings and photomechanical prints. The collection is preserved in the Padua Botanical Garden Library.
A collection of Learning Objects developed from Work Package 7 of the European Union Linked Heritage project, with a duration of 30 months, beginning in April 2011. Training materials (deliverables, brochures, guidelines and manuals) were also developed by Linked Heritage participants and the Atena, Minerva and Michael European projects.
The photographic collection for the history of the Resistance and of the contemporary era which the University Centre inherited from IVSREC (Istituto Veneto per la storia della Resistenza e dell’ètà Contemporanea, Veneto Institute for the History of the Resistance and of the Contemporary Era) consists of 919 images of war and resistance in Padua and the Northeast.
The collection is preserved in the University of Padua's Philosophy Library and includes images of handwritten inscriptions contained in the books of the personal library of Professor Emilio Bodrero (1874–1949).
Collection of photographs from the Botanical Garden of Padua from 1880 to 1992 as well as other botanical gardens in Italy and abroad.
The collection includes the technical reports of digitisation projects stored in Phaidra.