Echinodermata. Actinozoa. Ophiuroidea
Living in marine habitats.
1) Oral surface of the central disc from which arms set off. In the centre, star shaped mouth.
2) Aboral surface of the disc with different types of skeletal plates.
3) Body sagittal section. Digestive system with preoral cavity and jaws, mouth, dead-end sacciform stomach, surrounded by perivisceral coelom. Water-vascular system with modified podia. Vertebrae of the arm.
4) Transverse section of arm with spines.
9-11) Different types of plates and ossicles of the dermaskeleton.
image/jpeg (896.66 kB)
• Zoologia, Echinodermi, Tavola didattica
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 License.